E stands for "empty", not "enough". I heard that enough today to make my ears bleed.
Before I get to that though, I must include the rest of my picture-perfect morning. Picture-perfect if you're the kind of person who gets a rush out of pressing "snooze" on your blackberry every 5 minutes for half an hour, or enjoys doing a 50 minute Pilates workout right after breakfast, showering with just enough time to get ready for work & realizing you left all your makeup sitting in your car...for 2 days.. running outside with a towel turban with t-minus 15 minutes to get ready, and finally saying "to hell with it" and throwing on a perfectly matched outfit and getting in the car. If this isn't enough and one would feel as though their morning was lacking something...then they'd have to look no further than the rearview mirror (to realize that my hair still resembled that of a wet hampster) and that the crackberry in my lap was situated to perfectly accentuate the perfect train of stains that somehow materialized somewhere between shoving on my crisp white capris and buckling my seatbelt.
Well, alls well that ends well...or ends in the middle of the road, since that's where my car decided it had had enough of being an annorexic and wanted to run off of something other than fumes.
Now I'm not going to lie, I did think about attempting to push my car out of the street. The fact that I was so close to the airconditioning but had to stay in the car was torturous and almost enough for me to try in vain to push my car, and not just push it..but push it UP my driveway..up as in up the hill that is my driveway. With a friend it would have made for a good laugh as we tried to fight gravity and hysterical laughter simultaneously. However, by myself it was a pathetic picture of my wet hair stuck to my face as I fought gravity alone (in 96 degree heat with humidity like rain) whilen fighting hysteric crying and muttering profanities at myself and my car.
All before 10am.
It was a beautiful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment